Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Glasses make my eyes look smaller, How Can I Avoid this when picking new glasses?

its cuz im nearsighted, with nearsighted lenses , my eyes look smallerGlasses make my eyes look smaller, How Can I Avoid this when picking new glasses?
even with hi-index lenses, your eyes will look smaller because the center of the lens doesn't change much, only the edges. i didn't realize how pretty my eyes were until i got contacts- I have been wearing glasses since 5th grade, and didn't get contacts until i was in college. eyes looking smaller is just one of the additional joys of being nearsighted.Glasses make my eyes look smaller, How Can I Avoid this when picking new glasses?
I have the same issue. Try this: big, funky frames + ask to get thinner lenses. More substantial frames will draw attention to your eyes and leave some visual space around them vs. small wire frames which make your eyes and frames kind of blend together visually.





The thinner lenses (which cost extra -- ask at the store) should help to decrease the distortion which you get with the standard thick lenses that usually accompany a near-sighted prescription. You can also get the anti-glare coating for lenses, which will reduce reflections and make your eyes more visible.
Most nearsight Rx or minus, will cause eyes to appear smaller. Newer aspheric lenses will reduce this effect slightly.
Pick smaller frames. Comapared to your eyes they will look samll making your eyes look big.
You need to ask for a Hi Index material- which is thinner and flatter to diminish the smaller, beady eyed look. Also use a amller frame if at all possible, because that will help with the thicknees of the lenses as well. Truth is no matter how near or farsighted you are, larger sizes always increase weight and thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color